Angels and Demons

Director: Ron Howard
Tom Hanks:Robert Langdon
Ewan McGregor:Camerlengo Patrick McKenna
Ayelet Zurer:Vittoria Vetra
Release Date:15 May 2009 (USA)
Genre:Mystery | Thriller
Music: Hans Zimmer
Cinematography: Salvatore Totino

On friday last week, I watched this movie (renting from redbox). My wife read the book and she was very excited to watch this move in screen. I am not a reader by nature (might have figured out based on my writings so far).

Coming to the movie, though, at the beginning I thought, I am going to get into a nice plot, it was not disappointing. The movie was nice. The only thing was, I was able to visualize what next will happen. Yes, as soon as I understood the way the writer started his plot, I started guessing this is what will happen next and he didnt disappoint me.

I was having two persons in my mind as the suspect. I am not going to reveal the names because I wont do justice to persons who havent watched it yet. (Come on for a buck and couple of hours, I tell you it is worth it to watch)However, I want to tell that I already guessed the suspect and I was right. I think, I am starting to get some Dan Brown's frequency of thought...

The movie was little slow moving but it was holding you to edge of the seat most of the time. Photography and music was good. Some scenes were really scary. You dont get that sudden jerks you usually get in thriller movies.

Overall it was a nice movie to watch. My wife also told one additional information that is in the book but not in the movie. Actually, in the story, Camerlengo is the real son of his Holiness. Since it might have created some controversy with orthodox Catholics I think, Ron Howard might have excluded it. It is my guess and I think that is a nice thing because it wont hurt the sentiments of Christians and I dont think that is necessary too. (Dont ask me what about the book readers?? probably they may be not too orthodox..) I also read some comments about users who have already read the book and watched this movie. They say the movie is not upto the mark w.r.t. the story in the book. Anyways, I liked the movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I like “Diary” Program in Hello FM 106.4

Indian Police Cop

Avatar