Earth’s Moon

I read in livescience.com that Moon is moving away from us. 4.6 billion years ago , the moon was about 14,000 miles from Earth. It is now 280,000 miles away. Also, Moon steals some of Earth’s rotational energy and uses it to propel itself about 1.6 inches higher in its orbit.

After reading some interesting facts about our Moon and Earth formation, (earlier (4 billion years ago, a day was only 18 hours long), I have started to think “Bhagwad Gita” is absolutely correct. People or God, whoever wrote or conceptualized “Gita” has really thought and considered all these in to effect and written.

I was always wondering, when it comes to love, people always compared their lover with Moon. After reading the facts of Moon, no wonder why they do it. Without Moon, seems like we may not be here even. Moon stabilizes Earth’s rotation.. hmm.. interesting facts from biologists is that tides generated mostly by Moon would have been a logical place for life to originate.

After reading this article from http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/moon_mechanics_0303018.html my head started to spin.

I was reading this article to my kid and she was asking me an important question “I was under the impression that Moon has less gravity than the Earth and how come Moon can attract Earth and make tides” !! Good question.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I like “Diary” Program in Hello FM 106.4

Indian Police Cop

Hindu Articles