Handling People:

Myself and couple of my friends walk in the nearby canal usually in the evening. It is a nice canal, probably a couple of miles in circumference with ducks, gooses and turtles shaded with nice trees and bushes. Only caveat is, I get allergy due to the pesticides.

Yesterday evening, I started the chat by quoting on one of my cricket playing member (He is from IIT and IIM). He usually argues everything (which is good and bad). We have given a scorecard to the umpire to score each ball and after 5 over’s or so, when this guy asked the umpire about the score, there was an argument between them on a single run. I told my friend about this and he started talking about the psychology factor.

Some guys from great institutions (like IIT and IIM), they behave differently. They don’t accept defeat so easily and sometimes they don’t even care about their silliness behavior and fight for petty things. They also feel they are the superior creatures in this world and the rest others are worthless. My friend told this and he also cited one example. While he was travelling to US in his first job contract in H1-B, he happened to sit near a guy, whom he talked with. That guy told he is from IIT and IIM and he was travelling to US on a business visit. My friend also told him about his status. Sometime later, when my friend went out to the restroom and came back to sit in his allotted seat, the other guy (who is from IIT and IIM) has seated in his place. When my friend cited him about it, that guy had coolly ordered him to sit in his place. That guy didn’t even request or ask or anything like that. He took for granted that he can sit in my friend’s seat as he is superior compared to my friend. He also acted as if he is very superior compared to my friend and he can take his seat if he wants.

Lesson learnt is though it will be good to move with intelligent people, you got to be very careful in not losing your self-respect. Handling people is always a tough job!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I like “Diary” Program in Hello FM 106.4

Indian Police Cop

Avatar