- Brainstorming-generate and collect multiple ideas related to project.
- Nominal group technique-enhances brainstorming with a voting process used to rank ideas
- Idea/mind mapping-ideas created through individual brainstorming sessions consolidated into single map
- Affinity diagram-large number of ideas into groups for review and analysis
- Multicriteria decision analysis-technique that utilizes decision tree matrix to provide a systematic analytical approach for establishing criteria, such as risk levels, uncertainity and valuation to evaluate and rank may ideas.
- Unanimity - everyone agrees on a single course of action. One way to reach unanimity is Delphi technique
- Majority - decision reached with support from more than 50% of the members of the group.
- Plurality - a largest block in group decides
- Dictatorship - one individual makes the decision